Sunday, October 8, 2023

DELL 14-3437 Dual Graphics Card Cannot Be Repaired ? ? ?

Laptop Model : Dell 14- 3437

Fault : Graphics Issues

Repair Process :

 

The dual graphics card driver is installed, the computer will freeze and get stuck when starting up. However, as long as the integrated graphics or independent graphics driver is installed, it will be normal. 

This fault was not a system problem. After all, the computer seller sent it to me. He had tried all kinds of system drivers, so I just disassembled the Laptop. I thought it might be a BIOS problem if the driver could be used after installing it alone.

I flashed several BIOS and the Result was the same. Then I tested the VGA_CORE voltage of the graphics card power supply, which was about 0.9V, and it was normal.



During the system running test project, a blue screen suddenly appeared. I immediately cut off the power and restarted the system. There was no independent graphics card and it could not be recognized.

Then I measured the VGA_CORE of the graphics card and it was normal. It seems that the core is empty. I directly connected the BGA and blocked it first to cool down.

value! Directly 000, just change the independent display to the integrated display! After removing the chip, the DELL screen appeared after installation and startup, but there were 6 beeps.

This was a warning sound indicating that the independent display could not be detected. Just remove the beeps.




I opened the drawing and looked at the D2701 which is directly connected to the 12-pin sound card chip. I disassembled the D2701 directly and put it on the computer to test that the annoying beeping sound was gone.

Then I tested that all functions are normal. I have changed many signals before, such as:





If you ever encounter a beeping sound when the DELL's modified integrated display starts up in the future, you can try this method. It is straightforward and does not affect normal use.

Happy Repairing !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Detection Methods And Replacement Of Capacitors

     Common faults of electrolytic capacitors include reduction in capacitance, disappearance of capacitance, breakdown, short circuit a...