Monday, October 9, 2023

ASUS X550V Laptop Does Not Power On Repair

Laptop Model : Asus X550V

Fault : Does Not Power On

Repair Process:

The fault description was that it would not turn on. When I took the machine apart, I found traces of soldering oil near the bridge.



I thought I’d take it over and take a look at it! When the power is plugged in and the power button is pressed, the current changes slightly and stops when it reaches 0.1.





I measured the major inductors and found that there was 3 5 V and the rest was gone. Since I have moved across the bridge, I started looking near the bridge. Plug it in and measure 32.768 at pin 4.

The current suddenly started to react a little. I clicked on the crystal oscillator and the current at pin 4 went up to 0.24. I thought to myself, is it really a bridge? I blew the bridge with an air gun and replaced the crystal oscillator and resonant capacitor. I found that it was still the same.







Then turn off the power and take a look at the resistance.






Sure enough, there is something wrong with the crystal oscillator. Pin 4 has a resistance of 756 and pin 1 is infinite.

Quickly open the bitmap to take a look. The bitmap shows that pin 1 of the crystal oscillator is connected to an R2008 and then to the bridge. When measured, R2008 has a resistance value. Could it be that it is disconnected?









Quickly connect the wires, turn on the power and press the switch to turn on the machine. It ends here!





Happy Repairing !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Detection Methods And Replacement Of Capacitors

     Common faults of electrolytic capacitors include reduction in capacitance, disappearance of capacitance, breakdown, short circuit a...